Monday, April 30, 2012
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
~Paul, Teen Book Reviewer
Friday, April 27, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
The plot of this book consisted of a girl named Khosi who is becoming a women and going through puberty. However, the plague of HIV and AIDS is spreading throughout Khosi's home of South Africa. Even through this, Khosi finds love in a boy named Little Man, who goes to her school and lives close to her. There is another problem in the story though: Khosi's neighbor is believed to be a witch and has cursed Khosi's family because of her mother. Khosi's relationship with Little Man, the slow entrance of AIDS into Khosi's life, and the "witch's" curse on Khosi and her family develop throughout the story to all come together.
~Paul, Teen Book Reviewer
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
This book is really good, but at times the readings can get a little violent and gruesome. I would recommend it to anyone, because it's really interesting how the book starts as any normal day, with teenagers going to high school, and in a matter of hours, the world has started to self destruct. This book takes you on the journeys of 4 teenagers, as they meet others like them with no where to go, and shows you their encounters with "evil" people, and how they manage to survive. I think this is a really good book, and if you want to find out how things end, you'll have to read the book!
~Vinnie, Teen Book Reviewer
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
As you read this book, you will find out about the Underworld, "Extraordinary Activities", and an abundance more. Maybe you might even discover who Mina's new neighbors are! Laugh, smile, and possibly get lost in this strange, yet wondrous tale Mina has spun. My Name is Mina is a great book for a reader looking for a fun, albeit an odd book. If you thoroughly enjoyed this book, make sure to check out its sequel, Skellig.
~Alice, Teen Book Reviewer
Monday, April 23, 2012
~Joshua, Teen Book Reviewer
~Melinda, Teen Book Reviewer
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Saturday, April 21, 2012
~Wendi, Teen Book Reviewer
Friday, April 20, 2012
- Online, telephone and in-person registration will begin at 9:30 am on each registration day
- Only residents of the HHH School District with a valid library card may register. Each student may only sign up for one session of each subject.
- Once classes are full, a waiting list will be created. Due to time and space constraints we cannot guarantee extra classes.
- The cost is $40 per person for each class. Payment is due the first day of class; cash or checks to HHHCL. No one will be allowed to take the class without payment.
- Review Packets will still be made available to students via the website: www.youacedit.com. All students MUST bring either a hard copy or electronic copy (via iPad or laptop) to the review session. Students must also bring calculators and NYS Reference Tables to each session.
- Students must attend only designated sessions for each class. The library will not facilitate any switches.
- For more information call Teen Services (631) 498-1262.
1. Algebra Review DXY680 Tuesdays 5/29 & 6/5, 6:15 pm-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/7.
2. Algebra Review DXY681 Mondays 6/4 & 6/11, 6:15 pm-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/7.
3. Biology Review DXY682 Fridays 6/1 & 6/8, 6:15 pm- 8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/8.
4. Biology Review DXY683 Saturdays 6/2 & 6/9, 12:00-1:45 pm. Registration begins 5/8.
5. Chemistry Review DXY684 Tuesdays 5/29 & 6/5, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/8.
6. Chemistry Review DXY685 Mondays 6/4 & 6/11, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/8.
7. Earth Science Review DXY686 Fridays 6/1 & 6/8, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/9.
8. Earth Science Review DXY687 Saturdays 6/2 & 6/9, 9:45-11:30 am. Registration begins 5/9.
9. Geometry Review DXY688 Wednesdays 5/30 & 6/6, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/9.
10. Geometry Review DXY689 Thursdays 5/31 & 6/7, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/11.
11. Global Review DXY690 Saturdays 6/2 & 6/9, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/11.
12. Trigonometry Review DXY691 Wednesdays 5/30 & 6/6, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/11.
13. Trigonometry Review DXY692 Thursdays 5/31 & 6/7, 6:15-8:00 pm. Registration begins 5/11.
14. US History Review DXY693 Saturdays 6/2 & 6/9, 12:00-1:45 pm. Registration begins 5/11.
Important: Enter your e-mail address when registering and you will recieve confirmation of each successful registration!
The premise of the book is very original, and it lends itself to a very creative story. The plot twists are as surprising as they are exciting, and there are enough twists and turns to keep the reader hooked. The main cast of characters also adds to this book's appeal--Tommy and Luke are very likable, and the secondary characters are interesting and well-written. The friendly banter and close relationship between the main duo makes the dialogue interesting and keeps the readers engaged in the book. The writing style is action-packed and riveting, which also adds to the fast-paced adventurous feel this book provides.
Overall, this book is a decent action novel that is reasonably well-written. Although it does get a bit slow at parts, for most of the book the interesting dialogue, unpredictable plot, and likable characters keep the reader satisfied. This is a fairly entertaining read for anyone looking for a good action story.
~Shreyas, Teen Book Reviewer
Thursday, April 19, 2012
I think this is a really good book because it makes you want to keep reading and find out what’s going to happen next. The book is interesting and grabs you in. I would recommend this book.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
~Jayda, Teen Book Reviewer
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
~Matthew, Teen Book Reviewer
Monday, April 16, 2012
Overall, the book was amazing. There were many things that hooked you, when you tried to stop reading. All you wanted to do was to continue and see what happens. For example, in the middle to the end of the book, when Red starts a journey to find and complete Tanya's bracelet. As you continue to read on, many things happen. She encounters many different people and different things during her journey. One thing I did not like about the book, was in the beginning. This book was very boring in the beginning, and it made it feel like you were forced to read even though you didn't want to. But when you read a little more past the beginning, you'll begin to like the book. I would recommend this book to ages: 10-15.
~Jack, Teen Book Reviewer
Sunday, April 15, 2012
I thought this book was okay,-not amazing, but not bad. At times this book got a little boring, but it was interesting to find out why she was placed there. I would recommend this to people who like historical fiction books, and maybe a little mystery. Read this to find out what happens! :)
~Vinnie, Teen Book Reviewer
Saturday, April 14, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of surprising twists and it was quite interesting to see how Eve transforms from a girl who suspects boys to one who trusts them. The experiences that Eve goes through are heartbreaking and I can’t imagine how hard it must be for her. Eve has to witness people dying, usually getting murdered. I was intrigued by this book and couldn’t put it down, especially near the end. The ending broke my heart. However, I look forward to the next book in the trilogy.
~Cynthia, Teen Book Reviewer
Friday, April 13, 2012
~Danah, Teen Book Reviewer
Thursday, April 12, 2012
~Juhi, Teen Book Reviewer
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Starting at 11 a.m. at our Dix Hills Branch you will learn how to make a pizza from scratch. Make the dough (measure, mix, knead, and shape your pizza) and bring your pizza home to bake just in time for lunch!
Register Online by clicking here or via our home page using the code DXY671!
~Jessica, Teen Book Reviewer
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
~Ryan, Teen Book Reviewer
Monday, April 9, 2012
This is one of my favorite books mainly because of the element of keeping me on my toes and the difference of it. The author made real emotions for the readers to feel the pain or joy of a character. If you are a person who likes to read fantasy love stories you will most likely love this book like I did. It is a very detailed book and I would even read it again.
~Sean, Teen Book Reviewer
Sunday, April 8, 2012
~Melinda, Teen Book Reviewer
Saturday, April 7, 2012
The book is short and written in sections by events. Although I am in middle school, I found the book to be simple and not that interesting. If you are a middle school girl looking for light reading, this book is for you.
~Alana, Teen Book Reviewer
Friday, April 6, 2012
I liked this book because it showed that Seth's determination and dedication made him successful. I am a baseball fan and enjoyed the point of the story being told with a sports theme. I would recommend this book to kids that like sports who are middle school age.
~Jonathan, Teen Book Reviewer
Thursday, April 5, 2012
~Peder, Teen Book Reviewer
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
~Jennifer, Teen Book Reviewer
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
~Nina, Teen Book Reviewer
Monday, April 2, 2012
I highly recommend this book to people who are ready for action, fantasy, and mental meanings. The battles were great and kept me reading page after page.
~Cassie,Teen Book Reviewer